The AirCurve‚™ 10 CS PaceWave‚™ is a highly-responsive adaptive servo-ventilator (ASV) that is specifically designed to treat patients exhibiting central sleep apnea (CSA), mixed sleep apnea and periodic breathing, with or without obstructive sleep apnea.
In CSA, normal breathing can be affected by reduced sensitivity to abnormal oxygen levels in the blood, leading to over-compensation in signals sent from the brain to the lungs to slow down (reduce tidal volumes) or speed up (increase tidal volumes) and breath rates and sizes.
CSA is different to obstructive sleep apnoea, which is caused by a blockage in the upper airway. Your clinician will advise you if you have CSA. Some people have both types of sleep apnoea and this device will treat both.
- Modes of operation - AirCurve 10 CS PaceWave is an adaptive servo-ventilator (ASV) with two modes: ASVAuto and ASV.
- ASVAuto mode - adapts to a your ventilatory and upper airway stability needs on a breath-by-breath basis.
- ASV mode - the EPAP can be manually titrated to set the optimal fixed EPAP to keep the upper airway open.
- Staying connected - featuring the most clinically studied ASV algorithm “PaceWave“ the machine also features a built-in HumidAir‚™ humidifier and built-in wireless connectivity, so your healthcare professional can stay more connected to your therapy progress than ever before.
- Easy-Breathe - pressure waveform mimics the wave shape of your normal breathing and replicates it for your breathing comfort.
- Continuous leak management - enables reliable delivery of therapy pressure while maintaining patient-device synchrony.